The Aims of the Modern Language Departments throughout the School are:
* To foster the enjoyment of language learning.
* To encourage pride in successful linguistic achievement.
* To develop each pupil to his or her maximum potential in the use and understanding of modern foreign languages at a level appropriate to the learner's experience.
* To encourage good practice in the effective acquisition of language-skills.
* To promote understanding and appreciation of the cultures and ways of life of other countries.
* To ensure that pupils achieve their full potential in public examinations