- We follow the EDUQAS 9-1 GCSE Drama course
- GCSE classes currently have 6 lessons per 2 week timetable
- The course is 30% practical and 70% written
|Course Summary of Assessment |
Component 1: Devising Theatre (40%)
Internally assessed, externally moderated.
|Learners can choose to be assessed as a performer or designer.|
Learners participate in the creation, development and performance of a piece of devised theatre using either the techniques of an influential practitioner or a genre, in response to a stimulus set by WJEC.
Learners must produce:
- a realisation of their devised piece of theatre (this is assessed through the final performance)
- a portfolio of supporting evidence (this is completed throughout the devising process. Illustrative material can be included and written work should be between 750-900 words)
- an evaluation of the final performance (this is assessed through a written evaluation completed under supervised conditions)
|Component 2: Performing from a Text (20%) |
Externally assessed by a visiting examiner.
|Learners can choose to be assessed as a performer or a designer.|
Learners study two extracts from the same performance text chosen by the centre.
Learners participate in one performance using sections of text from both extracts.
|Component 3: Interpreting Theatre (40%)|
Written examination: 1 hour 30 minutes.
|Section A: Set Text |
Learners will answer a series of questions on one set text. The current set text is 'War Horse' by Michael Morpurgo, adapted by Nick Stafford.
Section B: Live Theatre Review
Learners to answer one question from a choice of two, requiring analysis and evaluation of a given aspect of a live theatre production seen during the course.