School Aims & Objectives
We aim to fulfil our ethos and values through…
A: Flourishing in achievement
- Laying down a foundation of wellbeing, so that every pupil will exceed their own expectations both in and outside the classroom.
- Providing a varied, rigorous, balanced and exciting curricular and co-curricular programme to inspire learning and engagement for all.
- Offering lessons and learning experiences that challenge assumptions, foster creativity and promote independence.
- Encouraging all pupils and staff to seek to improve and grow in their learning constantly, in the knowledge that this attitude will see them flourish academically.
- Improving and developing resources and facilities to enable exceptional learning experiences.
- Excellence in public examinations leading to opportunities in higher education and life beyond school as a consequence of these attitudes and factors.
These outcomes can only be attained if we…
B: Flourish emotionally
- Recognise that all progress in education relies upon the good mental health of everyone within our community.
- Foster in every pupil a strong sense of self-worth, supported by an outstanding pastoral system.
- Nurture our pupils so that they engage positively with their emotions, developing emotional resilience.
- Help pupils to understand the spiritual dimensions of life, and to be able to make ethical and moral choices.
C: Flourish with engagement
- Encourage all pupils to explore their potential in everything they do.
- Offer opportunities to pupils of all ages to develop their teamwork and leadership skills.
- Recognise the importance of co-curricular activities as a means of promoting positive engagement.
- Encourage our pupils to relate to the world and their fellow human beings in a tolerant, compassionate and responsible manner.
D: Flourish in relationships
- Put kindness at the very centre of our community.
- Understand that healthy relationships with others is key to happiness.
- Teach our pupils to emphasise with each other.
E: Flourish in meaning
- Encourage our pupils to look beyond material goals and strive to make a positive difference to the world.
- Develop in our pupils, and role-model as a whole school, an appreciation of our responsibilities to the school community and to society more widely.